PIQUA — El Tequila, owned by Gustavo and Ofelia Ramirez
Recently relocated to the other side of Piqua. The restaurant moved from its location at 1274 E. Ash St. to a bigger location at 5795 N. County Road 25A. The couple’s decision to relocate came when the River Rock Bar and Grille closed and their realtor offered them the location before it even went to market. According to Gustavo, the offer could not have come at a better time as they had outgrown their previous location. During their process of relocation, the original location of El Tequila, on Ash Street in Piqua, remained open while the couple brought their vision to life. Gustavo ordered the booths and bar stools straight from Mexico while Ofelia chose the color palette for the walls, floors and decor of the new location. The couple took on the job of painting and decorating the restaurant themselves.